It’s harvest time! We had our veges delivered yesterday from our CSA, including a great many wax beans, green beans. We also got plenty of scallions and 7 ears of corn. If you have an abundance of like items, here’s a great way to prepare a salad that you can use at least 6 different ways!
- Clean, trim and blanch the beans; shock the beans in cold water, then cut them down to small pieces with a sharp knife.
- Boil those ears of corn until tender, then shock them in cold water. Now remove the corn from the cob with a sharp knife.
- Clean those scallions and chop them.
- Be sure all the ingredients are cool and fairly dry, then mix them all together – store in the fridge
- Do not season this before storing. You will season it as you use it in recipes.
Ready to enjoy your creation?
1. Add salt and pepper and eat it right out of the fridge.
2. Mix together your favorite oil & vinegar, drizzle on the salad with salt and pepper.
3. Add this to your favorite green salad (or entree salad).
4. Melt butter in a saute pan, add the salad and stir; season with salt and pepper.
5. Add some pre-cooked rice from the fridge to recipe 4. You DID make rice for later on, right?
6. Heat up some organic chicken broth, add in some of the salad along with some hot sauce. Want protein? Add some precooked chicken from the fridge. Want some resistant starch? Add in a little pre-cooked rice.